Hobbies

Wednesday 3 August 2011

sci-fi summer

Glad there are some really nice tv-shows to watch this Summer to help us wait until September :)


With season 2 of Haven and season 4 of True Blood going on this summer, HBO helps me to make the time go a bit faster until the return of House, TBBT, Fringe, Game of Thrones, the Killing and Misfits :D

I like the 2nd season of Haven so far, they stay in line with the first one and it seems like they never stopped in between.
True Blood of course as hit yet another level of weirdness by introducing yet another bunch of creatures :)

This is something I really like about this show btw. The 1st season was introducing us with the Vampire world, in the second they brought up some more creatures, the third one got even more weird and now they're just pushing everything. With TB it's simple, you like it or you don't. You know it after the first episode -who is right to the point imo- blood, sex, more blood and dark.
I've started the books from Charlaine Harris (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Southern_Vampire_Mysteries) and it's really nice to read too :)



And then, this September (the 23rd to be exact) FRINGE :) :) :)
I must say I have some doubts about how they're gonna go on with the show. The last episode of season 3 was clear, it all ends there, and it was leaving us with enough open doors to choose our own way of imagining things.


Pretty much like House M.D. actually. I'm also having huge doubts about the why and the real need of a season 8 (yes Sir, season eight indeed). The only answer I have on that is : $$$


Curious on what season 5 of TBBT will come up with. Season 4 was a bit weak in my opinion. I guess season five will continue the relationship issues everyone has.


November will bring us season 3 of Misfits, that real good British sci-fi show.
I discovered it some weeks ago now. My cousin kept posting comments on it on Get Glue and it poked my curiosity :) Next episode: 11 November 2011.


Unfortunately it's waiting until APRIL 2012 for the next Game of Thrones, the meanest badassery tv-show ever! Darn it's gonna be a whole lot of waiting until then :/


Another tv-show that has no air date yet but that is planned: The Killing (crime investigation). There's only one season atm but a second one is planned. Interesting thing about this show is that all thirteen episodes are about the murder of one Rosie Larsen, who killed her and why.
Nicely done, good suspense, dark, to the point and pretty realistic. I liked it.


Still no news from Outcasts and Camelot.
Which is not a drama as the shows where OK but not as brilliant as some others.


Still a pity there wont be another season of Lie to Me.
If you're a Tim Roth fan I strongly recommend this show.


Next on my to see list: Parks and Recreation (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1266020/)
"The absurd antics of an Indiana town's public officials as they pursue sundry projects to make their city a better place."
And according to some of my Get Glue friends, a must see ^_^

Feel free to comment this post or join me on Get Glue ;) (http://getglue.com/faq)

1 comment: